My inspirations for tablescapes.. From the blogville Anna of Absolutely beautiful things and Maria Killam from Color Me Happy are the Queens of tablescapes.. And i am sure everyone is familiar with them.. just look at these beautiful tables.. lets talk about Anna first.. I think she can put together a table in a minute.. well her friday flowers post definitely speaks that.. both of them have fantastic posts under the label tablescapes.. Anna’s posts can be reached here..http://absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com/search/label/Tablescapes
- Her tables are a picture of all the pretty pieces that she owns.. displayed dramatically.. even the smallest item comes into play.. from her i have developed the knack of looking for details in pretty small things.. i am proud to say that i own those lovely boxes displayed alongwith the miniature Eiffel Tower.. If anyone is interested I can provide these.. Contact me for information..
- I developed a love a flowers from her.. I loved flowers always.. but how important they are in a tablescape or brightening up a corner.. is certainly what only Anna has taught me with her beautiful use of flowers.. I mean who else posts flowers every friday set perfectly in a beautifully done vigenette??..
- Cultivated love for blue and white pieces.. and silver trays.. no one can beat Anna in the collection and display of blue and white ceramics.. Inspired by her I created a blue and white vigenette at my mothers home as well.. (wish I could share the photos but dont have them rigth now.. darn!!)
Maria considers three required elements to create a tablescape.. Books, Flowers and Candles. Her inspirations are Ralph Lauren, David Jiminez and Jeffery Billhuber.. Well those are great names in the design world and definite inspirations.. But Maria is MY Inspiration..
- I absolutely love the Jug filled with orange Juice.. ( can anyone tell me where I can get that..) and the tablescape created around it.. Extreme marvel..
- image 5 the simplest tablescape Il ever fall in love with.. two candles a book and a jar filled with color coordinated flowers..
- her use of twigs.. she took the inspiration and made it her own.. well i too have a thing for huge greens indoors and i have huge palm leaves displayed in the foyer.. (pictures not available right now.. unfortunately) but i havent used them in a tablescape as yet..
- image 7 she describes as this
“Here it’s a triangle again with the coral on a stand, the adorable glass stand with the cookies, the curvy, sexy teapot and a book holding the cup and saucer to add a splash of colour as well as create the effect of a ‘tray’.”
- image 12 from Simply Beautiful.. It has been put together extremely well.. and i love the effect it creates
- image 19 whose source is unknown.. but i just cannot stop marvelling the effect this table is creating beneath a staircase.. How gorgeous it would look in a foyer.. a dramatic statue, greens and some books can do wonders on a round wooden table.. most certainly
I am dying to create my own tablescapes with the few objects I own.. But no flowers.. therefore no pictures.. be sure to view my Anna and Maria inspired tablescapes when i manage to find the right flowers or create the right canvas.. I hope these images inspired you just as much as they inspired me to create your own.. Have fun
images 5,6,7,8 Maria Killam “Color me Happy” http://colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-create-vignette-or-tablescape.html
image 12 Simply Natural (I am not sure about the source but this where I got it from)