My favorite breakfast has been this beautiful red bean and mushroom bruschetta on toasted whole wheat bread. The aroma of thyme drizzling olive oil and the lovely reds of the tomatoes what more can you ask for!
whole wheat toasts 2
red beans 4Tbsp
mushrooms 2 Tbsp
chopped tomatoes 1 medium
chopped onions 1/2 medium
thyme 1 tsp
salt and pepper
vinegar 2 tsp
1. Heat a pan and pour generous amount of olive oil. when the oil has heated up a little add mushrooms and roast them. For about 3 mins.
2. Add chopped onions and saute.
3. When the onions are translucent add tomatoes, thyme and red beans. Add more olive oil if necessary.
4. Saute for a minute till tomatoes are tender.
5. Toast or bake two whole wheat toasts. Set aside. Pour the tomato and red bean misture over the toasts. ladle the extra olive oil and juices in the pan over the toast as well for that extra yumminess.
6. sprinkle salt and pepper and enjoy the lovely bruschetta and the lovely morning!