What every parent should do on a Friday morning or a Saturday or a Sunday morning???
Bake Chocolate cupcakes with kids!!! and than take them on the other level with chocolate ganache!!! and than make kids fall in love with them(if they aren’t ecstatic already!!) even more with some tossed crushed (or whole) mnms on them… 🙂 Best and yummiest PJ activity!! Now does that image not bring a smile to your face or what?!
My daughter wakes up every Friday morning before us! Well us being super lazy after a night out and dizzy after the week. But kids hardly know that. She wakes up bursting with energy as usual and is eager to jump right ahead on the weekend! which is not possible always. She bursts into our room in her PJs (well sometimes she gets dressed by herself too before bursting in!) and demands cereal and movie or her ipad! considering we are still asleep! Most often we succumb and she is set up for an hour or two, but then what! she is bored and up to mischief.. and our groggy noises aren’t doing any good 🙂
So? solution: Friday morning is the cooking time in our family.
😀 😀 😀 🙂 🙂 🙂
We bake, we whisk we laugh, we crack eggs, we scoop, we measure, sometimes spill (uh-oh), and kids love that!! There are plenty of easy recipes out there which are kid friendly but require parental guidance ofcourse! I tend to make my own. One of the best options is always to make cupcakes!!! and its also the first one she demands to do.
So this time we are doing CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND MnMs
She is responsible for : whisking, measuring, cracking eggs, pouring, smashing mnms and eating. 🙂
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND MnMs
Flour 2 cups
Oil 1 cup
milk 1 cup
cocoa powder 1/2 cup
baking soda 1 tsp
baking powder 1 tsp
sugar 1 1/4 cup
1. Turn on the oven at about 250 C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and brush with oil lightly. Set aside.
2. In a bowl combine all the wet ingredients, and whisk well.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients.
4. slowly add the dry ingredients one cup at a time while whisking into the wet ingredients. Continue till the batter is thoroughly mixed.
5. Pour it into the cupcake tray and bake for about 20 mins or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Chocolate bar 40 gm(your fav bar)
butter 1 tbsp
milk 2 tsp
1. melt the chocolate in a bowl set in boiling water. add butter and milk and whisk. Add more butter to add gloss and more milk for better consistency and thinning.
And there you go! beautiful silky ganache ready to be licked and dipped 🙂
Take each cupcake and submerge the top in the ganache. Rotate it a bit and take it out!!
Top with crushed or whole MnMs!!! Heaven!!!!!
Well now our Friday mornings are not full of sleep ins, but they are definitely much more sweeter and rewarding and fun!