Mothers are such humble easy to please souls. I am not a huge fan of fancy gift shopping. I am more of a time and effort investment person. So instead of running around the block for the perfect pair of rose gold ear rings or those pricey gadgets or rose ceramics I chose to spend time with her in a nice old fashioned picnic!!!
I cannot count how fun it was to sit back on the easy grass again and enjoy the simple delights of life! 🙂 🙂 of course we had flowers and of course we packed some yum snacks. But the mere presence in nature had this amazing spring breezy vibe to it. Which made it sooooo much more remarkable!
Planning a perfect picnic is not stressful at all. you just need to know what you need. Here is my recipe for a perfect mothers day picnic:
- Flowers: yes ofcourse you will be surrounded with nature but there is something so sweet and so feminine about a fresh bouquet to have on hand and to give it to your mom that is sure to bring smiles to her face. Esp if you make the little ones present it to her! sure to melt her heart 🙂
2. Pretty napkins and blanket: Yes a jute mat will do. Its not like we wont have any place to sit. But to have a nice bright spring arrangement is just too pretty to ignore. Plus it adds the special going out of your way to please mom effect to the whole picnic which is what we want right.
3. Fresh Fruits: no picnic is comeplete without some grapes and a handful of strawberries to munch on. And it is definitely not an exception for a mothers day treat. Make sure to pack some zesty fruits to entice your taste buds
4. Guacamole and good whole wheat bread: I am a sucker for good bread. I looooooove bread in every form and this paired with some too easy to whip up guacamole is just amazing. Its a truly humble but soaring taste buds recipe!
5. Sandwiches: one of the best picnic food. Easy to assemble easy to carry and filling. so ofcourse v had sandwiches for lunch. I chose the simple egg sandwich with some hot sauce for heat. Tip: use your moms secret ingredient to upgrade them. Mine was ofcourse heat. and she loved it!!!
Chocolate cake: Who can resist a good chunky chocolate cake. Esp with soft whipeed cream and strawberroes and chocolate ganache
6. Pack proper cutlery: This adds refinement which a mother always appreciates in a daughter!
Happy mothers day to all moms out there! coz we know exxxxxactly what it takes to be one! 🙂 ❤ ❤