For the mothers day that went past couple of days ago we went for a simple picnic posted here! complete with fresh flowers and naked chocolate cake with strawberries and whipped cream and ofcourse our fav bread accompaniment GUACAMOLE!!!
I love guacamole for the simplicity of the recipe and the healthy amount it adds to our meals! my mom is not very keen on guacamole! she finds the avocado bit bland.. So this time I kicked it up a bit with a generous amount of crushed chillie flakes! and oh boy was it good!!! it was unbelieveable!!
Ofcourse the base of this guacamole is good ripe avocado (or two if you prefer) and the rest of the ingredients are pretty basic too. Just some salt, lemon juice and corriander! The one additional tip that I will give to my fellow guacamole loving people is: to mix the salt with the lemon juice. That way you will distribute the salt evenly and not in the chunks of it!
ripe avocado 1
salt to taste
corriander 1/4 of a bunch
and for the heat of course
red chilies flakes
- Peel and core the avocado and roughly mash it with a spoon into some chunks.
- squeeze lemon juice in a cup and mix in the salt.
- Chop the corriander leaves and add them to the mashed avocados as well.
- Pour over the salted lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with a generous dash of red chillie flakes and give it all a good stir.
- Scoop it with some nachos or with a piece of bread.
- And Enjoy!!
Have a lovely weekend!!!!