With three kids and school and blog (I have a huge list of excuses!!!). Its hard to organize themed birthday parties with a huge guest list. The party lasts for couple of hours, but the amount of work that goes into it is tedious!!!! Both before and after!! I tend to get carried away! I take upon myself evvverything from food to party favors to props and decor to a dessert table complete with cake pops and a 3D cake baked and decorated by myself!!!! (whew) Sounds allllot does it!
None of this goes without the price! Needless to say a plan ahead for weeks. Work most nights and still left barely manage to get things done on time. But the most important thing I hated while planning the big party was_ time with my daughter.
I would be so busy organizing that I would neglect her!!!! And will always promise myself that I won’t let this happen again! But me being me! Little bits add up here and there and before I know it I would be back to the big birthday party with a huge guest list and perfect dessert table!
This year I am aiming at a small party which is easy to plan, budget friendly but biiiiig on fun and quality time and thoughtful gift exchange moments and some nice photo shoots. And for the theme related decor I wanted a few things with biiig impact rather than alllot of tiny details.
The first step was to choose a theme. My daughter is growing up so fast! She will soon be out of the fairy tale stuff (:( ) So this time It haad to be a disney princess party.
Here is how I put it together:
- The snow white dress: of course she needed a full party dress and princess costume.
- Balloons: less is more. aiming for the drama_ and nothing adds more drama than than big red balloons.
- Ikea UNG DRILL mirror: every time I see this mirror it reminds me of the fairytale! needless to say this had to be in my party!
- vines: I planned on skipping the banner and used vines instead to create the theme.
- Chalkboard tags: coz they are pretty and they are fun!
- Rustic Pie dish: everything has to be rustic on the table. baskets and silver dishes were my fav items for this theme.
Stay tuned for the whole setup. Will be on the blog soon!