One of the biggest way you can celebrate fall is with a biiiiiig platter of falling off the bone meat with a bunch of vegetables grilled to perfection!!!
This is my fool proof recipe to tackle cold nights or a big party!!! Its easy, delicious and filling! One of those recipes that you can easily whip up in minutes and let it leave it on its own and come back to a gorgeous filling meal.
I like it grilled tomatoes onions and potatoes. You can replace the other vegetables of your choice. But the cooking time may vary! Sweet potatoes carrots beets will all go beautifully with it. You can sneak in a broccoli too at the very end when the meat goes in the oven for the final touch!
Lamb thigh whole 1
vegetables of your choice
Youghurt 1 cup
red chillie powder 1 tbsp
lemon juice 2 tbsp
salt 1 tbsp
ginger pase 1/2 tsp
garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix all the marination ingredients. Now take the meat and rub the marination all over it. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it sit for a night.
- Fill your slow cooker with half water till the meat is submerged way.
- Heat a pan with half tbsp of oil and sear the meat on both sides in it for about 3 mins each.
- Place the meat in slow cooker and turn it on high for about 8 hours. While turning it halfway if not completely submerged.
- When the meat is cooked through take it out on a baking tray along with all the vegetables and place it in the oven. You can brush the meat with a tablespoon of oil if you want a crispier exterior.
- Bake on 180 C for about 20 mins or till its bronzed from both sides
- Enjoy with friends and family!!
Tip: the remaining both you are left with in the slow cooker can be used for soups and risottos!!!