GET OVER YOUR FEAR OF PAINT:
*marbling pics and pics of paint colors
LOOOOOVE paint!! get over your fear!! watch videos tutorials. practice on small bits whatsoever!! just get over with that fear. The best part is the more you do it the better you will get at it. Trust me the first time is always difficult and u might have to gulp down a ton of mess. But TRUST ME its worth it. The fun you will soon have in mixing colors and creating master pieces on pennies is priceless!!! see DIY projects here and here
GET OVER THE FEAR OF RUINING WALLS:
I used to love cluster wall. I would droool endlessly over one wall or the other. But i would wince at the thought of inserting a nail in my wall for fear of leaving a dent or a hole or a chipped paint in place where i dont want it! My recipe: JUST DO IT!!!!
Art looks AMAZING!!!!! whereever you put it!! esp if you are an art lover or your 6 yr old is a magician with a paint brush 🙂 But trust me youd NEVER regret putting it up there. You will just keep adding and adding to it 🙂 and it will soon become an obsession.. WE dont mind that do we 🙂 🙂 No you wont break the wall trust me 😀
DESIGNING ON A BUDGET:
Budget designing is tricky complicated and risky. there is always the risk of running out or sth not working or looooong period of time till it all gets done. well you gotta to lvoe it. budget designing allows honning other skills like DIYs flea maket finds and remake and remodelings. its fun! if you think its fun! you will find your way in any buget hole you can think of. ANd the second rule to live by for budgeted ppl is planning. PLAN PLAN PLAN! get everything ready before uou set up. plan and schedule purchases around your bdays and holidays. so you can ask for the right things that can boost your work. you will work it out real fast. its the easiest of all hurdles to master in my opinion.
LIVING WITH BAD DESIGN:
Fear of a design project turning bad. it happens. it always does. its mostly trial and error. its your creativity with so many variables that its almost impossible to hope for explicit resutlts. so it happened you have ruined your entry. now what
live with it till your head finds out you need to pluck the courage to live with taht awful wall color for a month or two. no one is perfect and home owners with a limited budget and experience and trial and error method often experienve it. Dont let the grief of it sink you. Trust me in a month you are going to turn it into a mesmerizing jaw dropping masterpiece 🙂 trust yourself and your instincts always.
Bonus: everytime you d look at it you would itch to get it back in shape and thats motivation to get better right there 🙂
HIT A WALL:
the inevitable part of design process is when you hit against a wall. Design challenges are everywhere! you need to adapt one way or the other. Sooner you make peace with that faster will be the design process.
The one thing that is amazing about internet is… IT IS PAAAAAACKED WITH INSPIRATION!!!!!! chokefull of it. So when you do hit a wall there are a few steps that you can take to get you out of there in no time
- take a break! realize this is not going to work! the swing you wanted up there cannot go up coz the landlord wont allow. its a loss coz it was just too pretty to be missed and without the swing the room will lose its centerpiece and texture and color and this this this…
- ALLOW Yourself to whine a little bit.. in a respectable appropriate manner with the best possible options you have. blogger friends/ husband/mom/sis/twitter
- figure out why it was important. Which means all the whiny bit go through it with a sane cold head. and list specifically what would miss from the room now and write down HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT in some other form. e.g. how can i add texture? how can i add drama without piercing wall?? how can i add sitting area without crowding the floor space??
- Literally drop the idea. Simply let it go. tell yourself deliberately no i am not going to go for the swing!
- AND THEEEEN!! with this mental state DIIIIIIIIIIVE into inspiratioon!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 the most fun part!!!! I looooove surrounding myself with images that stir my imagination and make my head whiz with ideas. I am sure all you creative geniuses know what i am talking about 😉 its out secret eccentric rush!
NEVER FEAR STARTING OVER AGAIN
With this much inspiration i am sure you’d hardly know where or when or how to stop!!!! and live with the mantra
with every design process good or bad I will get better and better 🙂