Some might say I am rather toooooo adventurous!! ( my husband)
But hey! thats just me! And that is how I like it!
I am talking about the Memphis room makeover that I gave to my bedroom!
I am still obsessed with this wall!!!
You can see the whole bedroom here
So here I have put together some basics of going about the Memphis design!
- Basic sofa : Always start with a good basic sofa!! Not just coz its only used for memphis room but coz i is so versatile!
- geometric cushion : With all the basics around accents are all that is left with to create all the drama and to have fun with!! so fun color block cushions are a great way to go or to start. I believe when it comes to cushions sky is the limit! Creativity is endless! More on that in some other
- Minimal white clock : Never underestimate the power of a minimal design! It can create the perfect contrast against a lets say loud background 😉 Which is exactly what works in a Memphis design!
- Grid wallpaper : I have created the most humblest wall decor of all times with this Grid feature wall using solely washi tape! But you can opt for other options like this sweet wallpaper! How retro is that! I can only imagine how gorgeous it would look in a modern vanity or even a laundry room or foyer!! possibilities are endless!!
- neon/colorblock accents : The second personal touch you can add is with vases! Neoooooon is something I crave and would definitely go for. A perfect blend of vases would be white and pop of colors!! either in a bunch or separate! Works like a charm
- ikea grid bedding : I am a big fan of ikea and their bedding!! Its not too expensive! It lasts a couple of season and its black and white with pattern!! All these are a yes yes and yes in my list.
- stripes : I didn’t add stripes here in this collage but it goes without saying a Memphis room would add more spike with the addition of black and white stripes!!
Today’s post is more of a visual treat!
Means less talking more watching!!!!!!
If you know me you would want to know three things
pop of color,
This is what DEFINES my style
This is what DEFINES ME!!!
(well part of me) but whhhhole looooot of me!!
So you all know how I have converted my bedroom into a grid feature wall.
I have been loving and swarming in that geometrical heaven when I came across this post by Oh Happy Day!
This was my first ever taste of Memphis Design..
And than I translate my room into a Memphis decor!!
I had a very basic room in the accents of white. So all I had to do thanks to the feature wall add more stripes and layer it with some pop of colors. The wall facing my bed was turned into a canvas filled with geometrical bliss. And this is how it turned out!
I added a bit of contrast with the stripes on grid and added the accents in neon colors on a white canvas to make it all pop!
This feature wall has to be my favourite creation ever!!! I am seriously in love with it! I had a baallll!! creating it and every time I lay my eyes on it my heart skips a happy beat!
I used sideboards as an excuse to add the same elements_ stripes and a pop of color on a blank white canvas.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post!! I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions and also would you dare to live in a Memphis room??? Or a duct tape decorated room?? I would love to hear what you have to say!!
Have a gorgeous day!!!
Raise your hand if you are a big fan of the gorrrgeous paper lights!
The glow of these lights is simply ethereal!!!!!
And I absolutley looooove the ambiance it creates!!!
The effect of the white ruffles of paper softens the light ten fold and somehow the light pouring out effect makes the whole chandelier into a dreamy glow!
And created from the humblest of all ingredients or tools
All you need is a:
- Paper lantern of any shape and size
- Parchment paper roll (depending on the shape and size of the light you want)
- stapler pins
I loooove the DIYs which work without the glue!! I haaate glue and the stickiness and the messines! I am sure there are better crafts ppl out there who love glue and cannot be without it! But its simply not for me!
Enough for the glue
lets make it on to the DIY
With the supplies on hand on with the show
- Simply roll out the parchemnt paper and tear it till about 12 inch long.
- Crumple the paper into a ball by scrunching it in your hand.
- Start at the bottom and wrap it loosely around the lantern.Staple it in place to the lantern.
- Continue to repeat this process till the whole lantern is covered.
- Hang it up!
This is the unlit messy version you are aiming for!!
But let it glow!!!
How mesmerizing is that!!
Let me know what you think about this easy DIY! This continues to be one of the easiest DIYs I have shared here! For some more DIY inspiration take a look at my DIY page! And for a complete view of girls bedroom makeover go DIY here
Enjoy your day!!