When you have a 3 year old who cannot get enough of cars you knid of knowww what theme you are going to choose for him.
Throw him a Cars party!!!!!!!!
Works like a charm! 😉
I had the most amazing time planning and throwing this party!!! And like any parent my focus was to achieve more visual appeal with little effort! I simply hate the stress and how the moments which are actually meant for you and your little one are lost in cakes and cookies and cake pops!
I am not willing to pay that price! But I am not looking to question or sacrifice the aesthetics! So I was left with the hardest task of all. To find the fine balance!!!!
On the dessert table my favorite was the cupcakes adorned with cutest 2 min flag I glued to the stick and plop there you go!
These chalkboard cuties are a must for all my dessert tables! I looove the fun they add to it!
And whats a cars party without some repair!!!! 😀 I set up this cute donut repair station!! Not that they needed any! So kids went creative and some did cupcakes and some just helped themselves to the repairing stuff!! 😀
hey no rules!
Oreo stack was an absolute hit! It was the perfect muching between the games they would come and grab and go back to the game zone!
The other absolute party hit was this Nutella Freak shake!!!! It was the first thing everyone reached for on the table! It was suuuuuper delicious and oh so fun!! The recipe will be on the blog soon so watch out for that!
Here is how I did it:
5 Ingredient Dessert table
The Cake: I opted for a 3D cake! I saved some bucks and did it myself!! You can either go for a custom cake or simple butter frosting cake with some cute cake toppers!! If you are going for a simpler less demanding cake you need to set them on the pedastel so they shine! a.k.a the cake stand!
The Cupcakes: Evvvvvery dessert table needs cupcakes!! Coz evvvvvvvveryone loves the!! So some eaaasy chocolate frosting and some easy cupcakes recipe! If you want to take the simpler road just use the same batter for your cake, and if you are not baking the cake you can buy some packadged ones and dress them up in your frosting!!
The decor:I set up a Decorating table!!! Kids aaaddddddore decorating their cupcakes!!! They looooooove the decorating! So i just popped in some mnms some sprinkles and donuts!!! To decorate!!!
The star: Add some fun! The star of this table was this Nutella Freak Shakes!!! Eveery one just grabbbbbbed them!! As soon as they could and they were a suuuper hit!!!
The munchies: Pre packaged cookies for munching!!!How awesome is that!! And oreos fit right into my theme!!! Who can say no to them!?
So there you go! 5 ingredient dessert table!
I have to say it was a gorgeous evening!!!! With family and food and games and fun and looooots of laughter! Exactly how a party should be!! :):) Minus all the stress!! 😀
With three kids and school and blog (I have a huge list of excuses!!!). Its hard to organize themed birthday parties with a huge guest list. The party lasts for couple of hours, but the amount of work that goes into it is tedious!!!! Both before and after!! I tend to get carried away! I take upon myself evvverything from food to party favors to props and decor to a dessert table complete with cake pops and a 3D cake baked and decorated by myself!!!! (whew) Sounds allllot does it!
None of this goes without the price! Needless to say a plan ahead for weeks. Work most nights and still left barely manage to get things done on time. But the most important thing I hated while planning the big party was_ time with my daughter.
I would be so busy organizing that I would neglect her!!!! And will always promise myself that I won’t let this happen again! But me being me! Little bits add up here and there and before I know it I would be back to the big birthday party with a huge guest list and perfect dessert table!
This year I am aiming at a small party which is easy to plan, budget friendly but biiiiig on fun and quality time and thoughtful gift exchange moments and some nice photo shoots. And for the theme related decor I wanted a few things with biiig impact rather than alllot of tiny details.
The first step was to choose a theme. My daughter is growing up so fast! She will soon be out of the fairy tale stuff (:( ) So this time It haad to be a disney princess party.
Here is how I put it together:
- The snow white dress: of course she needed a full party dress and princess costume.
- Balloons: less is more. aiming for the drama_ and nothing adds more drama than than big red balloons.
- Ikea UNG DRILL mirror: every time I see this mirror it reminds me of the fairytale! needless to say this had to be in my party!
- vines: I planned on skipping the banner and used vines instead to create the theme.
- Chalkboard tags: coz they are pretty and they are fun!
- Rustic Pie dish: everything has to be rustic on the table. baskets and silver dishes were my fav items for this theme.
Stay tuned for the whole setup. Will be on the blog soon!
This mothers day i will be a mom to three gorgeous kids!!!! Hard to believe but ture!!!
Rewarding yes as much as it sounds its hectic!!!! Loooove every minute of it! But it comes with a price. Its like every second of my day is occupied and I plan on gathering as many stress busters around me as I can. Personal space and me time are some of the precious things compromised along with sleep! But being a veteran at this I have a couple of hacks to ease out this process without losing my entire self to the mommy cap I wear all the time!
So if you are new at this or you know someone who is going to be new at this here are a couple of things I have shortlisted which in my opinion every new mom needs right now!! :
- MOBY WRAP: For any new mom its an absolute must. My kids are always spending a huge amount of time on me or hanging over me. Its easily one of the cleverest way to handle work and a newborn together!!! Baby gets so cozy and comfy and sleeps in peace, while you get to do all the hard work in peace!
- NECK PILLOW:For those loooong nights of nursing when you are too tired and sleepy to stay awake or even to sit up, this travel essential becomes a clever way to make life easier. Your neck stays in place and gives you one less pain to endure.
- Tummy Belt: This is one essential which is an absolute must must must for every post pregnancy body. All my pregnancies were different. In the first one I bounced back in shape almost instantly. Except for the pooch. At that time i had no idea about the importance of this thing. It just happened to be around and I just wrapped it. Boy am i glad i did. Because it was absolutely amazing. it helped me heal my stitches and also kept my tummy in place. Which made it so much easier to get back into my old self.
- Sibling Board: When I saw this concept I immediately fell in love with it!!!! I could only imagine my toddlers lit up eyes on seeing this! i like to keep my independence as a mom. And being a parent has never hampered my active lifestyle. So i was not planning to stop with my third one either. So with one infant one toddler and one preschooler in tow. This seems to me like the prefect crusading the mall device. Can’t wait to take it out for a spin.
Drink lots of water lots of soup and lots of healthy snacks to keep your mommy tummy full and your energy levels up. These are some of the best few moments of your life cherish them as much as you can. What I have learnt is that right planning and stress busters go along way in keeping your head sane. And when you are calm and in control you can obviously take a much better care of tiny people around you.
All the best to all the new mommies out there!!! 😉