With the winters around for some time now I always start craving for summer around this time! Although we know that we are gonna get a real good taste of summer! But still we humans!
To bring some of the summer back I treated myself to this freakshake
And loved it soo much I ended up using it for the CARS Birthday Party I recently held for my 3 year old!
Its a very simple very delicious very (may I say) gorgeous Freak Shake!!
It relies on one of the principle ingredients Nutella to derive its flavour and fun from.
Topppings!!! hmmmm well they vary!
I chose the toppings I relied on the most! a.k.a oreos, and maltesers and a chocolate straw!
Nutella Ice cream shake
vanilla ice cream 1 cup
milk 1/2 cup
nutella 2 Tbsp
- In a food processor blitz together milk, ice cream and nutella.
- Take a mug and smear some nutella on the inside with the back of a spoon. Than using same spoon smear some on the outer rim of the glass. Take oreos and stick them to the chocolate.
- Pour the ice cream smoothie in the Mugs and top with chocolate cake and some whipped cream or some more ice cream!!! Add chocolate straw and chocolate syrup or nuts!
What do you do with leftover chocolates!!! how can you make chocolate better!! What could be better than chocolates!! Turn them into oyeeee goyeeeee brownies!!!
I had like about three boxes of chocolates around! and even I thought to myself this is a bit more than I would like to see consumed or spoilt in a few days. So I had to figure out to make a use of it!
My solution… Make a big batch of brownies and freeze some for those desperate cravings or for five minute gorgeous desserts orrrrrr to binge eat with a tub of vanilla ice cream!!!!
My absolute fav brownie recipe is surprisingly easy Is adapted from one of olllld Nigella Lawsons recipes. But is an absolute go to and a smacker evvvvverytime! And this time was no exception even if the ingredients were not as fancy as one would imagine!
Butter 300 gms
white sugar 150 gms
brown sugar packed 150 gms
cocoa powder 3/4 cups
baking soda 1/2 tsp
flour 2 cups
ferraro rocher chocolate chopped 1 cup
- In a sauce pan melt the butter. Add the sugars and let them all melt .
- Add cocoa powder and flour to it as well.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence and eggs one at a time.
- Make sure the melted butter and sugars are not hot enough to turn it into scrambled eggs.
- In the end add the chocolate rubble and stir it all with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in a tin foil mould for easy removal and cleaning and bake in te oven for about 320 C.
- Let it cool. n enjoy.
It can last in the freezer for about three months.
The secret to most amazzing fudgy from the inside and cracking from the top brownies is in removing it out of the oven while the toothipck inserted comes out with abt three to four dots of the batter. That way the brownies are cooked through but not dried out!
Did I mention what a huge tea lover I am!!!!
I drink on average 2 cups a day!
Not much you say…
There are some days where it goes waaaay more than this healhy level to over the top level than I would like to admit!
Lets not indulge in my tea drinking habits….
The point is every time I need to sit with a cup I love to pair it with something! Like a snack or something to mucnh on!!
And coz I do it so often it only makes sense that the snack of choice should be something healthy..
Now this is the tricky part…
A healthy snack WITH a hot cup of tea!!!
Omit alll the veggies fruits :O :O
You are basically left with baked goods like cakes and cupcakes and cookies.
Welll if you snack on those 5 times a day I don’t have words to describe the havoc!!! 😀 😀
So back to hmmmmmm healthy snacks to pair with tea or coffee ( I am a huuuuge coffee addict too)
I had a biiiiiiig portion of on sale cereals lined up…..
Trrrring goes the bell……
Here is what I did:
2 cups granola
2 cups wheat squares
1 cup salted nuts
1/2 cup other nuts
1 packet pretzel sticks
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peantu butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker
- Let it stay there for about 3 hours.
- Fill up the jars and enjoy!!!
Now I have a jar full of healthy snack for those untimely uncalled for tea breaks!!!!!
Cheack out my favourite go to Chai Latte recipe as well!!!!
Happy Hump day!!!!