I loooooooove vegetables!!!!!
Don’t get me wrong I am an ardent meat lover! And I loooooove to go on the meaty side every so often I a week and not just the lean ones I am afraid 🙂
But vegetables! I love them too and by that I mean not just the regular tomato cucumbers I love the more challenging cauliflower, zuchini, Egg plant , capsicum sort. You know the ones people generally develop preference to! I don’t have any! I love them alllllll!!!!
And one of my most favourite cold weather vegeatable is Beetroot!!!!
This purple sweet zincy vegetable makes awesome substitues for potatoes in most of my dishes and I love to make its soup (shared the recipe here) I also love it in burgers :0 but most of all I love it in salads!!!!!!
Paired with greens it works beaaaautifully!!! You can boil it or grill it or simply chop it up for a gorgeous purply winter sweet salad.
I keep the dressing really simple
A dash of vinegar
A pinch of salt
A dash of olive oil
Its heaven in a bowl!!!!!! Vinegar cuts beautifully through the beetroot and the olive oil moistens it juuuust a little bit with the salt elevating the flavour generously!
We all find it easier to lean towards vegetables in summer and somehow its harder to toss on in winters!!! I love this coz its soooo easy to put together and I have a fall salad up in my sleeve!!!!!
1 cup chopped
- Chop the beetroot in chunks and either cook them or simply toss them in a bowl.
- Add the chopped lettuce leaves and cucumbers.
- Combine the vinegar salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Drizzle over the beetroots and salad leaves and cucumbers.
- Toss to combine well.
- Serve and enjoy!
What do you do with leftover chocolates!!! how can you make chocolate better!! What could be better than chocolates!! Turn them into oyeeee goyeeeee brownies!!!
I had like about three boxes of chocolates around! and even I thought to myself this is a bit more than I would like to see consumed or spoilt in a few days. So I had to figure out to make a use of it!
My solution… Make a big batch of brownies and freeze some for those desperate cravings or for five minute gorgeous desserts orrrrrr to binge eat with a tub of vanilla ice cream!!!!
My absolute fav brownie recipe is surprisingly easy Is adapted from one of olllld Nigella Lawsons recipes. But is an absolute go to and a smacker evvvvverytime! And this time was no exception even if the ingredients were not as fancy as one would imagine!
Butter 300 gms
white sugar 150 gms
brown sugar packed 150 gms
cocoa powder 3/4 cups
baking soda 1/2 tsp
flour 2 cups
ferraro rocher chocolate chopped 1 cup
- In a sauce pan melt the butter. Add the sugars and let them all melt .
- Add cocoa powder and flour to it as well.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence and eggs one at a time.
- Make sure the melted butter and sugars are not hot enough to turn it into scrambled eggs.
- In the end add the chocolate rubble and stir it all with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in a tin foil mould for easy removal and cleaning and bake in te oven for about 320 C.
- Let it cool. n enjoy.
It can last in the freezer for about three months.
The secret to most amazzing fudgy from the inside and cracking from the top brownies is in removing it out of the oven while the toothipck inserted comes out with abt three to four dots of the batter. That way the brownies are cooked through but not dried out!
One of the biggest way you can celebrate fall is with a biiiiiig platter of falling off the bone meat with a bunch of vegetables grilled to perfection!!!
This is my fool proof recipe to tackle cold nights or a big party!!! Its easy, delicious and filling! One of those recipes that you can easily whip up in minutes and let it leave it on its own and come back to a gorgeous filling meal.
I like it grilled tomatoes onions and potatoes. You can replace the other vegetables of your choice. But the cooking time may vary! Sweet potatoes carrots beets will all go beautifully with it. You can sneak in a broccoli too at the very end when the meat goes in the oven for the final touch!
Lamb thigh whole 1
vegetables of your choice
Youghurt 1 cup
red chillie powder 1 tbsp
lemon juice 2 tbsp
salt 1 tbsp
ginger pase 1/2 tsp
garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix all the marination ingredients. Now take the meat and rub the marination all over it. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it sit for a night.
- Fill your slow cooker with half water till the meat is submerged way.
- Heat a pan with half tbsp of oil and sear the meat on both sides in it for about 3 mins each.
- Place the meat in slow cooker and turn it on high for about 8 hours. While turning it halfway if not completely submerged.
- When the meat is cooked through take it out on a baking tray along with all the vegetables and place it in the oven. You can brush the meat with a tablespoon of oil if you want a crispier exterior.
- Bake on 180 C for about 20 mins or till its bronzed from both sides
- Enjoy with friends and family!!
Tip: the remaining both you are left with in the slow cooker can be used for soups and risottos!!!