Today’s recipe is going to be a simple Tomato and herb salad.
As the summer approaches we start gravitating towards the summery stuff
I have to say in the salad domain cucumbers have always dominated my life!!
They are cooling and are a total treat when chilled on a hot summer day!!
I am not arguing the gloriousness of cucumbers here
What I want to bring to light is another vegetable which always seem to take an optional place in salads
Something just screamed lets go with all tomatoes today!
All i had was a bunch regular tomatoes and some cute little cherry tomatoes and some parsley! For me the idea is simple toss in chopped ingredients, play flavor with go to favs and than enjoy with bread!
minmal chopping minimal mess minimal time consumed and maximum flavours.
With thsi tomaot and herb salad i wanted to go bold and big with flavours. Nothing to hinder teh juicy tomatoes. No green chillies to ace it up. or cucumbers or onions to pair. Just simple.gorgeous.tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil adn lemon,
If you dont knwo what i mean you have got to get the best qualtiy tomatoes at the peak of its season! The falvor is just goooorrrgeous!! They are robust and juicy and full of this bit tart flavor! I tell you summer is the perfect time to dig into these natural beauties!!
cherry tomatoes 4-5
parsley handfull chopped
lemonjuice 1/2 tsp
olive oil 1 tsp
a dash of salt
- Dice the tomatoes and parsley.
- squeeze the lemon juice adn olive oil
- Toss with a dash of salt.
- Sit back and enjoy!!
And how cute it is in this tin!! Just pop it in and you are good to go for a road trip or an outdoor snack!
Not only this Simple Tomato and Herb salad is super easy its also big no flavor!!! Have fun making it!!!
Have a gorgeous Wednesday!!
With the winters around for some time now I always start craving for summer around this time! Although we know that we are gonna get a real good taste of summer! But still we humans!
To bring some of the summer back I treated myself to this freakshake
And loved it soo much I ended up using it for the CARS Birthday Party I recently held for my 3 year old!
Its a very simple very delicious very (may I say) gorgeous Freak Shake!!
It relies on one of the principle ingredients Nutella to derive its flavour and fun from.
Topppings!!! hmmmm well they vary!
I chose the toppings I relied on the most! a.k.a oreos, and maltesers and a chocolate straw!
Nutella Ice cream shake
vanilla ice cream 1 cup
milk 1/2 cup
nutella 2 Tbsp
- In a food processor blitz together milk, ice cream and nutella.
- Take a mug and smear some nutella on the inside with the back of a spoon. Than using same spoon smear some on the outer rim of the glass. Take oreos and stick them to the chocolate.
- Pour the ice cream smoothie in the Mugs and top with chocolate cake and some whipped cream or some more ice cream!!! Add chocolate straw and chocolate syrup or nuts!
What do you do with leftover chocolates!!! how can you make chocolate better!! What could be better than chocolates!! Turn them into oyeeee goyeeeee brownies!!!
I had like about three boxes of chocolates around! and even I thought to myself this is a bit more than I would like to see consumed or spoilt in a few days. So I had to figure out to make a use of it!
My solution… Make a big batch of brownies and freeze some for those desperate cravings or for five minute gorgeous desserts orrrrrr to binge eat with a tub of vanilla ice cream!!!!
My absolute fav brownie recipe is surprisingly easy Is adapted from one of olllld Nigella Lawsons recipes. But is an absolute go to and a smacker evvvvverytime! And this time was no exception even if the ingredients were not as fancy as one would imagine!
Butter 300 gms
white sugar 150 gms
brown sugar packed 150 gms
cocoa powder 3/4 cups
baking soda 1/2 tsp
flour 2 cups
ferraro rocher chocolate chopped 1 cup
- In a sauce pan melt the butter. Add the sugars and let them all melt .
- Add cocoa powder and flour to it as well.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence and eggs one at a time.
- Make sure the melted butter and sugars are not hot enough to turn it into scrambled eggs.
- In the end add the chocolate rubble and stir it all with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in a tin foil mould for easy removal and cleaning and bake in te oven for about 320 C.
- Let it cool. n enjoy.
It can last in the freezer for about three months.
The secret to most amazzing fudgy from the inside and cracking from the top brownies is in removing it out of the oven while the toothipck inserted comes out with abt three to four dots of the batter. That way the brownies are cooked through but not dried out!