Can I be the first one to say OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!
Can you see the transformation!!
This has to be the easiest way to spruce up a room on a weekend!!
You can take a look at the entire process here
Here is what it looked like once the tapes were removed!!
Love love love it!!!!!!
Hopefully I inspired you to add stripes in your life and to make your home the sweet place you hardly want to get out of!!!
Have a fantastic weekend!!
Need any excuse to get your hands in this pic 🙂 🙂 pretty colors and cotton swabs.. aren’t they tempting
I used them to create these color block planters..
Well in this pic they are still in the process…
For this simple DIY you need:
- Planters of your choice
- duct tape
- acrylic paints of your choice: it largely depends on what pots you are using. Clay would need something else. But i used plastic. So acrylic paints worked fine for me.
- Tape the planters in pattern of your choice or just random. Like I did!
Now i have always had difficulty with acrylic paints almost on every material. So in this case too when I used paint brush, it gave me really dreary lines all over with a total yuck effect! So i dropped brush and used cotton swabs instead. As you can see in this picture the different strokes I got while using the two.
Anyone else having this difficulty?!?!
Let me know your solutions or maybe the riight way of using acrylic paints 😀
So cotton swabs are a winner for me!!!
And this is the end result!!!! I looooooove the pop of color and the life they are bringing to these plants! And my window sill!!
I let them dry for a few days!! before peeling the tape off! Well it was more out of procrastination than any other reason. But when I did peel, they were completely dry and whenI peeled them I had to line the tape with a scale where the paint and tape were meeting. Just to separate them, otherwise it was the paint off!!
That is all the work I put into this project!!!
Have a fantastic day everyone!!!!
My daughters room has been neglected for loooong!!!! i cant say how long!! lets just say its a dreary place with half ass projects.. It started out as a well intended room to serve the needs of my pre schooler daughter and an infant boy. Thus it had two feature walls one in pink which had the headboard side of the room and the other in silver grey which had the tv and the storage side of the room.
Bad purchase this bed with the hideous headboard and the barbie duvet cover.
cutting down on the clutter!
the rest of the room is as cluttered as it could get. With no storage space or wall features.
When I broke it down to the tasks OMG!!!!! crrrrrrrazy amount of work to fix this place!!!!!
It will be a while before i see the best of this place!!!!! I am really excited about it as well.. Lets see how it turns out!!!!!
On with the journey!!!!!! 🙂 🙂